Monday, March 26, 2012

Circus 2012

One day when Ronni and I were chatting, she mentioned that she might like to get some tickets for the circus and take Rhyan. I thought it was such a sweet idea! So she got 3 tickets with the idea that we'd figure out later on who would go.

Well, it turned out that on the day of the circus, Andy had to show a house (plus, i think he was scared to take Rhyan w/o a parent... didnt know what her response would be) and Jeff was covered up in school work for his masters degree, so it ended up being a GIRLS DATE! :-)


The first half of the show, Rhyan pretty much just sat there. She was a little overwhelmed, i think. And unsure of what it was all about. But every time I'd ask her if she was having fun she'd say "YES!" and smile! She just doesnt show excitement by jumping up and down usually. Shes a little more chill than that :-)
The first thing that Rhyan saw that she talked about and got a little excited over were the horses. The little mini-horses were ADORABLE! Here, they were getting a treat!



And seriously, how do people have this kind of balance? I swear, i trip over my own two feet on the ground most days!
The tigers were another BIG hit for Rhyan! They were great!

And then there were these two guys. Wow, were they strong!

Rhyan, watching intently!
But i guess ALL of us loved the elephants the MOST! They were GREAT!!! They did all kinds of cool tricks I could have watched them for hours!


In this last pic you can see a long padded runner down the middle of the floor.. they had some GREAT gymnasts there who entertained us for a while!
Some other things I wasnt really able to get good pics of were the people who hung from those ropes from the ceiling? Idk what thats called? And the cannon ball man. Cool!!!

By the end, Rhyan didnt want to leave! We went to the 11am show and so Rhyan and i shared some french fries and water for lunch followed up by some cookies from her Gran. Thats healthy, right?! sure it is... lol

We didnt leave until after 1pm and even though Rhyan was tired, she did GREAT the whole time! Awkward moment, though... PETA people were picketing outside as we left and this one guy was dressed as an elephant. WEll, Rhyan was all like "ELEPHANT" and all excited about it. Ha... not exactly the idea the picket-er had in mind, i'm sure :-)

We had a great time! Thanks again, Gran (and frady cat Grandad) :-)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I totally enjoyed it when we went but I do feel sad for the animals :(