Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Beach Vaca: Day 5

Rain, rain, go away... come again after we've gone home!

Andy and Ronni headed out around 9am. We snapped some last minute shots before they left.Man, it rained ALL morning. And ALL afternoon. Not just a little rain... i mean, it POURED. It started monday night and just never stopped. What a bummer on our last day here! I couldn't help but to be thinking of Rachael and Greg (and their family) on this day. This pic i took when the sun finally started coming out again. Prior to that, the sky was as black as i'd ever seen it. But then, you can see just behind the clouds how bright the sun is. Even when the sun is blocked, its still there. Shining as brightly as it ever has. *grateful*
Rhyan looking pitiful and wanting to go outside...
It did give us good reason to try out the indoor pool. Man, Rhyan LOVED it! That girl splashed and splashed and laughed and played more than she does in the outdoor pool. I think she likes it b/c its not so sunny so she can see better w/o being blinded by the bright sun.

So we obviously lounged in the indoor pool/hot tub (yes, rhyan even liked the hot tub... her little lips were getting blue in the pool so we took a dip in some warmer water. her lips pinked right back up!). It was kind of nice to have to relax on our last day. Sometimes, i feel the need to cram in something good so we feel like we got our fill, but i didnt really have that option w/ all the rain. In all honesty, i was hoping to pretty much spend the day at the beach. They lowered the double red flag's (meaning NO swimming allowed) down to one red flag (meaning, swim with extreme caution) and the waves were HUGE from the storm... but alas, it was not meant to be. Instead, we enjoyed andy griffith re-runs :-) This was before we headed down to the pool. "Nun" Rhyan drinking her milk.
Some fun pics of Rhyan splashing around in the indoor pool. She LOVED it!
And doing a little light reading after her pool time...
I also realize early tuesday morning (way before i normally get up) that I indeed did have a bladder infection. Thank the Lord that we got that rx filled. I took it but still hurt until the evening when i got a second dose in me. I swear, i'm plagued with bladder infections. I've had them since i was a kid! booo. I hope rhyan avoids those. Forever.

Tuesday night we rode across the street to the shrimp basket. Andy and Ronni had eaten there the last 2 nights (ordered out) and really liked all the food. I agree! The shrimp slaw was awesome! And Rhyan did great, again (do y'all get tired of hearing that?! haha).

We followed dinner by a last trip to the DQ. Man, that place is addicting. I love the dipped cone. What's your favorite treat? Here are some pics of flowers outside the DQ! Beautiful!I'm loving my new nikon D3000. I got it for "mothers day, your birthday, our anniversary and Christmas" according to Jeff. Yeah, right! lol. Anyways, it grates on his nerves that i carry it everywhere and take pics all the time, but i love it! I had warned him before dinner that afterwords, i was going to want to head down to the beach and get some nice pics. He complained, but complied. So we did. I'm pretty stoked about some of them. I'm no professional, but lets just say that i was pleased with the fact that we didnt all look hideous. The sun was setting, the waves were big and it was BEAUTIFUL! It was a GREAT way to end our vacation.
Ok, y'all dont have to say it, but my husband is really hott :-)