Sunday, August 30, 2009

Family Fiesta '09

Family Pic at the "Fiesta"

Rhyan and Uncle Jason

Daddy and Rhyan at the "Family Fiesta"

Jeff and Jason

Our BEAUTIFUL Rhyan!

We enjoyed the "family fiesta" that some friends threw a couple of weeks ago. The really nice part was that since it was at a friends home who has a 7month old, they were well equipped and eager to let Rhyan take her late afternoon nap there. It was SO nice to be able to get out and not worry about her missing a nap!

She also had her 4 month checkup this week. She turned FOUR months old on Friday!!! And as a reward, she got 3 shots... boo!!! She weighed 14lbs 11oz (73%) and was 25 inches long (77%). She is definitely a Ford... not a squirt like mommy. And boy, can i tell that she's growing when i go to pick her up in her carseat. Whew.

She did great with the shots. Yes, she cried. But it didnt seem to affect her over the next few days minus running a little bit of a fever (101.2 was the highest). She slept really well but wasnt fussy at all. She's a little trooper.

This past 4 months has been a blast! She's continuing therapy for her neck and we'll have her 2nd head scan to check the flatness on Friday. I'll post then to keep you all up to date.

Loving life here!!!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Hey Kelly! I found your blog through KT Green and I wanted to quickly comment on Rhyans therapy! My daughter Macy also has tort and plagiocephaly. We just went to the doctor yesterday to get her helmet and I want to encourage you to listen to YOUR instincts as we were almost to late to fix her head. Unfortunately, we will have to do surgery for her tort because she isn't responding to therapy. If you want to follow my blog to see how she does and possibly get some ideas for Rhyan I would be happy to answer any questions. I don't know any other mommys with tort/plag babies :) Rachael